Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Like Us

This is another one of those songs where I don't really remember the inspiration. However, if you take a read, I think it's quite clear what direction the song is taking. So... have a read and make up your own mind.


There I was, just hurtling through space
In my spacecraft made for one
Then as the mist cleared, I saw this place
And in the distance saw a sun

[Chorus]
They look like us
They act like us
But they come from another place
They speak like us
They walk like us
But they come from outer space

The grass was green, and the water blue
This place was clean and tidy
It looked like Earth, but of course I knew
It was too beautiful to be

[Repeat Chorus]

As I cross this parallel planet
I see what our world could have been
If people loved Earth and they cared for it
Then this is what would be seen

[Repeat Chorus]

The people were all gentle and kind
They worked together so well
All these things nearly blew my mind
Compared to this, Earth was hell

No comments:

Post a Comment