Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Chickens at 3 o'clock

This song started off as a challange at college. After telling my friend Andrew that I was writing songs, he challenged me to write one about falling over a chicken at 3am... It turned out as this!

It's 3 in the morning, as I climb down the stairs
As I rech the bottom, there's an object there
It's moving around
Making a sound
And I've just fallen over it

Chorus:
There's a chicken in my kitchen and I dont know what to do
It keeps getting in my way, everywhere I move
I've opened the door,  but it just won't leave
Looks like I've found a friend for life

I'm asleep on the floor, as the clock strikes 6
That feathered creature is still squawking around
It's trying to fly
I want it to die
That might not sound nice but it's not

Repeat Chorus:

Why do I get the chicken, not the beautiful girl
To follow me around  everyday
It's annoying me
But it just won't see
All I want is for it to go away

When I said I wanted a cute bird
This isn't what I meant
Why won't it get the message
That I've been trying to send...

Repeat Chorus:

Now I've found my axe and there's no more chicken
It's head rolls along the floor
What a cheap and easy way
To get my dinner for today
What a poor ending for the chicken!

That concludes my 1st post. Hope you enjoyed it. I have plenty more songs lined up and wil post the next as soon as I have the time to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment